Thursday 9 July 2009

Cake beats Betfair

So it was an interesting experience at Betfair. After about half hour of poker, I had already decided to bet on anything Betfair would offer me. I had also dabbled in some HU cash as they run these games at quite low stakes, which I swore to myself I wouldn’t do as I have issues losing Heads-Up…I take it too personally.

The cons for me outweighed the pros of playing here. Accessing my account was tedious, the currency was in £’s, multi-tabling was awful, the ‘21’ button on the poker client encouraged me to play blackjack, etc, etc. The only pro is that players seem to be more inclined to gamble…well it is a betting site, but as a result the poker client was in no way tailored to suit a poker reg.

After much contemplation I joined Cake Poker with a nice 33% rakeback. You cannot fit many tables onto 1 monitor but the cascading and pop-up system works very effectively once you configure the tables. One plus of playing here is that it doesn’t allow PokerTracker/Hold’Em Manager or similar tracking software and as a result the site is avoided by many regulars.
Saying that, I have managed to get hold of some software that tracks your own play only.

It’s not as glamorous as PokerTracker but it’s free and does the job. I've only played 2000 hands so once I’ve played a few more thousand hands I’ll post an updated graph.

No comments:

Post a Comment